Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Trying to please the masses

I know a lot of you have been wondering about the details of my new job and thinking that I should have posted about it already, but I have hesitated, and I will tell you why. This is a public blog, and that means anyone can find it and read it and potentially link it to me. For example, I made a post a week or two back, and mentioned I had become involved with the local film festival here. The next day, I got an email saying, "Thanks for mentioning us on your blog" and I thought to myself, did I actually give out *this* blog address too? I knew I had given out the Crusty Old Wave site, so that they could hear Chas' voice and see if he might be fit to MC some of the films, but did I give this one as well? In any case, I found out that I had not gone crazy, and that one of the guys in the office had a Google News feed searching the web for mentions of the festival, and since I had mentioned it, badabing badaboom!

Nevertheless, that kind of stuff can weird me out...so, just know that I am generally pretty paranoid when it comes to talking about my job (regardless of who it is with and whether I like them or not) in a public place like this. I have decided that I would rather withhold the details about my new job from this blog and save them for a personal conversation, whether by email or phone or whatnot. I am sorry if this disappoints some of you, but I feel that you all can understand my hesitancy and allow me to keep the details off this blog with some level of privacy.

Thanks for understanding.

0 comments:

ShareThis!