Sunday, May 18, 2008

Memories...

This is a holiday weekend for us...tomorrow is Victoria Day. And I hear a marching band outside practicing for tomorrow's parade. Sigh...that was SO LONG ago for me. I marched in many a parade with band in both middle (flute) and high school (colourguard-flags). Chas says he saw them marching down our street yesterday while I was at work. And he saw the flags...he took pictures or video (or both?) for me. He knows I have a soft spot in my heart for that still. I still have my sabre in the van from high school. :P It is a shame that I work the holiday so I will completely miss the parade, though I know it is a big deal and no doubt there will be lots of tv coverage of it.

We're supposed to go to the Highland Games today at Topaz Park, but I think I am gonna get dressed and walk the neighborhood to see if I can get closer to the band while Sleepy Sleeperson sleeps some more. They sound close, and I think I see them gathered a block or so over behind the Parliament buildings.

Hee hee hee.

0 comments:

ShareThis!