Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy birthday, Canada-USA-CFTUSA!

Yes, it’s that time of year once again! This year, I decided to wait until July 4th to post my annual Happy Birthday greetings to Canada (145 years old), the USA (236 years) and of course to this very blog, begun FIVE YEARS AGO (on July 1st to be specific). I needed the extra time to edit together a short little video to mark the celebrations that have gone on (or are about to happen as I post this) in both countries. Really, guys, the whole population turns out to celebrate the 5th anniversary of this blog? You shouldn’t have!

We had a great time on Canada Day. It was a moderately warm, sunny day (we’re having a very mild summer so far even by our northern standards -- it's been rare that we’ve cracked much above 60°F! As I write this it is 63, but we're hoping to get to 68 later this week. Sorry, all you Eastern-residing folks -- I know this is making you jealous! :)

Anyway, here’s the video. Hope you had or are having a great holiday, and we’ll try to update this blog a bit more regularly as we go forward.



0 comments:

ShareThis!