Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A short video I took today at the beach...

Taken from Fonyo Beach on Dallas Road.

It occurred to me that while I had been down to the waterfront/beach at Dallas Road, I'd never actually walked there, despite living fairly close. We've always driven, and I suppose that part of the time it is because we are already in the van, but also because we're never really sure exactly where on Dallas Road we want to get out and visit...there's quite a stretch with numerous places to stop (Ogden Point, Holland Park, the off leash park, Clover Point, King George Terrace, etc)...some of which are closer than others. In any case, after getting home in the afternoon from a friend's house, I decided to walk it and see how long it took. I know it wasn't too far, and that I could do it, but I didn't know exactly. The trip took me about 13 minutes each way, at a moderate pace...not too slow, not too fast. So, it is actually about as long as it takes me to get to work, though it seems like the distance is slightly greater than going to work.

I got there about 5:15 I think, and the sun was setting to the west brilliantly! I took scads of pictures and this little video, though I have to go through the pictures a little more, possibly with Chas, because while the colours were brilliant, it was still low light, and low light is my sworn enemy, so there is some blurring and noise in many of the shots. I don't know what I can do, if anything, for that. I also took multiple shots of the same thing using different "Scene" filters to see how they look, and there are differences, so I want to go over them with Chas too. I'm still learning a lot with this, but I am enjoying it!

Anyhow, so here is the video...



0 comments:

ShareThis!